Many people know that art is almost never born in the mind of a happy man. One completely calm and completely satisfied with his life, will never be able to write or draw, because the boring scenery is nothing, but the deep transformation of colours or words into a meaningful subject is something only perverted minds, who have experienced grief, can do.
“Woe from Wit” of the famous Russian writer A. Griboyedov is partly talking about it. Old books and old ways of putting words together, of course, is a subject of interest for the people of the 21st. century, but what about modern poetry?
Truth in the word almost never changes, but the rhyme and style is changing the meaning, and together it is changing the minds of those to whom it is addressed.
Tape Me went through the list of mods and we are ready to name you 7 books to read from 2015, if you feel like missing something!
- “Stoner” by J.E. Williams
- “The Luminaries” by Eleanor Catton
- “All the light we cannot see” by Anthony Doerr
- “Cartagena” by Lena Eltang
- “Numero Zero” by Umberto Eco
- “Autochthonous” by Maria Galina
- “The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt